Monday, January 2, 2017

Merry Christmas!!!

Welp, I hope all of you had a merry Christmas yesterday! It was really fun seeing all of you, but I feel kind of bad. I didn't really tell you any good stories, or how much I love it here, or how cool it is being a missionary, or how much I love all of you, or how grateful I am to have all of you. Ann told me to make a list of the things that I wanted to say beforehand, but I thought that was silly, because I was sure I would remember, but then I started talking to you and forgot it all, so I guess I'll have to do that one next time. I do love all of you though, and it was really good to see you!!!

I didn't really tell you about my week, so here goes:

We had some good lessons this week, but two in particular were really cool.

1) We had a lesson with Seoud- a man who had never really prayed before in his life and whose first book to read is the Book of Mormon. It has been a really slow journey with him, but her has started praying and reading every day, and he was telling us how he feels really warm when he does it, and how he is happy now, and how he is finally finding peace. It was so cool to hear this man with no Christian background describe feeling the Spirit for the first time. I have learned so much teaching Seoud, and he now has a baptismal date in February, so I'm super excited to help him work towards that.

2) A couple of weeks ago we went to teach a lady named Patience for the first time. We went in and taught her about the Restoration, but her husband was there. He kept interrupting to yell at us about how Joseph Smith is a false prophet and how real prophets sacrifice for their God and do miracles, etc. (all things that Joseph Smith most definitely did). It made it really hard to teach, and it was really hard to stay Christlike and not start arguing or trying to prove him wrong. We both walked out of that appointment a little bit mad, but the wife had said we could come back, so we went back yesterday, and the husband opened the door. I just thought, "Oh great, here we go again," but he started telling us how he and his wife had been reading the Book of Mormon this week, and how he has been using the Bible cross-references and was learning a lot. He then said that he was praying to have God show him His will about this church and if it's the direction he should go. Then he sat in on the lesson and really listened and asked questions. It was like we were talking to an entirely different man than the last time. The Book of Mormon is so true. It changes lives, and it changes hearts. I'm so grateful for it in my life.

Well, I love all of you a lot and hope that you have a great week!!!!

Liefs,
Zuster Cluff
Through a strange turn of events we ended up at a mental health clinic where they had a petting zoo and they had the largest chickens I have ever seen in my life!

Weird Statue in Mechelen

Christmas Eve


A lot of people live in flats so this is how they do Christmas lights

The first empty tram in 4 months .  It was a magical moment

No comments:

Post a Comment